Roadblock UC1700 Impact-Absorbing Urethane Industrial Wheel Chock, Orange, 8.5″ Length x 7.5″ Width x 6.25″ Height (1-Piece)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $26.50
- Amount Saved: $0.06
- Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Wheel chock can be placed against the wheel of a parked truck, trailer, or vehicle to help hold it steady
- Made of polyurethane, which resists impacts, wear, and water; orange for visibility
- Curved surface allows chock to be placed flush to wheel
- Recessed handle on back can be used for carrying
- Weighs 2 lb.; measures 8.5 x 7. 5 x 6.25 inches (L x W x H)
- Tough urethane construction
- Resistant to damage from oil and chemicals
- Recessed carrying handle on back of chock
- Mounting hole for ropes, chains or brackets
- High visibility orange color
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.5 x 6.25 inches; 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B004UMVN1Y
- Item model number: UC1700
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The Roadblock UC1700 impact-absorbing urethane industrial wheel chock is orange in color, has a recessed handle and a mounting hole, and can be placed against the wheel of a parked truck, trailer, or vehicle to help hold it steady. The chock is made of polyurethane, which resists impacts, wear, and water. It is orange for visibility. The chock's curved surface allows it to be placed flush to the wheel. The recessed handle on the back of the chock can be used to carry it. The mounting hole enables a rope, chain, or bracket to be connected to the chock. The wheel chock weighs 2 lb. and measures 8.5 x 7.5 x 6.25 inches (L x W x H). (L is length, the horizontal distance from front to back; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point.) It can be used with wheels measuring up to 35" in diameter and vehicles with a gross operating weight of up to 30,000 lb.
Wheel chocks (also called wheel immobilizers or chock blocks) are designed to help prevent vehicles from accidentally rolling when parked, especially on a grade. Primarily for the safety of workers when a vehicle is undergoing maintenance, or being loaded or unloaded, use of wheel chocks can also reduce property damage from accidents and loss from spillage during loading operations. Wheel chocks are typically wedge shaped, and the size required depends on the weight of the vehicle, the size of the tires, the steepness of the grade, and the quality of the road surface. Large wheel chocks are usually made of a durable material with a high strength-to-weight ratio, and include handles or ropes to facilitate manual deployment. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), both agencies of the U.S. Department of Labor, require wheel chocks in several specific situations (including when parking on a grade and during loading operations).
Checkers Industrial Safety Products manufactures cable management systems, wheel chocks, and warning whips for manufacturing, mining, aviation, military, construction, and entertainment applications. The company, founded in 1987, is headquartered in Broomfield, CO.