Tigerchocks AC201 Urethane Lightweight Commercial Aviation Wheel Chock, Yellow, 5.5″ Length x 4.5″ Width x 2.75″ Height
- Pair of chocks can be placed around the wheel of a parked airplane to help hold it steady
- Made of polyurethane, which resists impacts, wear, and water; yellow for visibility
- Curved surfaces allow chocks to be placed flush to wheel
- Connected by a 24"-long nylon rope lanyard
- Weighs 1.5 lb.; measures 5.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 (L x W x H)
- FOD free - will not rot or splinter
- Impact-absorbing urethane
- Resistant to fuels and lubricants
- Lightweight and easy to use
- High-load bearing capacity
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 inches; 1.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- ASIN: B004UMRZWK
- Item model number: AC201
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The Tigerchocks AC201 urethane lightweight commercial aviation wheel chock consists of two polyurethane chocks connected by a 24"-long nylon rope lanyard and can be placed around the wheel of a parked airplane to help hold it steady. The polyurethane chocks resist impacts, wear, and water and are yellow for visibility. Curved surfaces allow the chocks to be placed flush to the wheel. This product weighs 1.5 lb. and measures 5.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 (L x W x H). (L is length, the horizontal distance from front to back; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point.) The nylon rope lanyard measures 24" long and 3/8" in diameter. The product is suitable for use with anti-skid rubber pads (sold separately).
Wheel chocks (also called wheel immobilizers or chock blocks) are designed to help prevent vehicles from accidentally rolling when parked, especially on a grade. Primarily for the safety of workers when a vehicle is undergoing maintenance, or being loaded or unloaded, use of wheel chocks can also reduce property damage from accidents and loss from spillage during loading operations. Wheel chocks are typically wedge shaped, and the size required depends on the weight of the vehicle, the size of the tires, the steepness of the grade, and the quality of the road surface. Large wheel chocks are usually made of a durable material with a high strength-to-weight ratio, and include handles or ropes to facilitate manual deployment. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), both agencies of the U.S. Department of Labor, require wheel chocks in several specific situations (including when parking on a grade and during loading operations).
Checkers Industrial Safety Products manufactures cable management systems, wheel chocks, and warning whips for manufacturing, mining, aviation, military, construction, and entertainment applications. The company, founded in 1987, is headquartered in Broomfield, CO.